On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club podcast, hosts Jenn Murtland and Monica Weakley brainstorm about what happens when someone lists their property as “For Sale By Owner” (FSBO). Monica Weakley starts the episode with a genuine question and tries to understand why people choose to do such a thing?
- Jenn points out the obvious answer that it is more about money.
- Monica says that when it comes to selling houses, she goes more towards the security aspect.
- Buyers know why people have listed houses as FSBO, and they usually dupe the owner.
- Jenn shares a classic example by hinting at the entire process towards garage sale. She asks, would you ever go to a garage sale and pay the total price? Monica gives a flat “No” for an answer.
- Jenn and Monica discuss how to ask friends if they are planning to list their property as FSBO.
- Jenn shares that people are often scared to deal with FSBO.
- Monica urges the listeners to think: “Do you have an agent you are comfortable with?”
- Monica shares her concern that if a friend decides to list their house as FSBO, they should somehow convince them not to travel through that road.
- Tiebreaker Mike Morawski joins in to share his views and experience related to FSBO.
- Mike is a trainer and coach in the real estate industry, he also has two podcasts, Insider Secrets and Multi-Family Unplugged.
- Jenn asks Mike “What do you do when your friend decides to list their house as FSBO?”
- Mike prefers his friend to approach him and discuss their problem, concern, or opinion regarding FSBO, rather than finding out later.
3 Key Points:
- Monica asks Jenn “What do you say specifically to convince your friend not to list their house as FSBO?”
- Listeners get to know Jenn’s and Monica’s number 1 tip for a friend who has listed their house as FSBO, and it is already too late.
- Mike believes in following simple strategies and plans, and it is to give back. Even if it is someone he does not know, he will help them in such a manner that they benefit from it.
- Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website
- Monica Weakley website, LinkedIn, Facebook
- Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page
- Mike Morawski Website |https://mycoreintentions.com/exitplan | Insider Secrets Podcast | Multi-Family Unplugged Podcast | firstname.lastname@example.org