Real Estate Fight Club is a podcast for realtors, hosted by Jenn Murtland from Team Synergi Real Estate and Monica Weakley from My Coach Monica. Tune in to hear two different viewpoints about topics agents face every single day! Jenn’s direct, ‘no holds barred’ approach is in opposition to Monica’s softer, 'more relationship-based' approach, and when the two get together… it is a battle for the ages! No matter who you align with, you will walk away with solutions for today's real estate challenges from experienced real estate professionals.
Monday Feb 13, 2023
You Will Fail In Real Estate In 2023 If You Do Not Do This- EP 177
Monday Feb 13, 2023
Monday Feb 13, 2023
On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club Podcast, Jenn and Monica welcome guest Curtis Fenn as they duke it out over the topic, “What is the number one way to ensure that you fail in 2023?” Curtis is the president and COO of RedX. It is no secret that times are changing; Are you prepared? Don’t miss this episode!
- Monica introduces Curtis Fenn, the president and COO of RedX.
- Have you heard of RedX? It is a system that Jenn personally uses too. RedX - https://www.theredx.com/fight-club
- Times are changing. What do you need to do this year, right now to prepare?
- Monica asks Curtis to share what is changing from his viewpoint as he is behind the scenes.
- Expireds are up almost 60% year over year. Jenn says it should really be up 500%.
- Curtis talks about the strange current times we are finding ourselves in real estate and the gap between the perspective of buyers and sellers.
- “As real estate agents, our job is to close that gap between buyers and sellers to make a fair deal for both sides”, says Curtis.
- The skill of going out to hunt for and find business is gone because there has been nearly a decade of agents who made massive amounts of money and sold a lot of homes and they never actually learned to hunt.
- Curtis says their company wants to change the perspective on prospecting. He says there are more ways to go out and proactively prospect effectively right now.
- Don’t advertise on Social Media like it is a billboard.
- Marketing has changed in two ways. What are they?
- Nobody transacts on Social Media so there needs to be another personal impact in addition.
- What is the blue car analogy aka frequency illusion? Curtis talks about how you have to play to that human phenomena in your marketing.
- Are you prospecting for the position of top of mind awareness in the category of realtor? There is a layer of strategy to add to that.
- Do you feel like there are never enough leads? Jenn talks about going deep and asks Curits to share about their brand builder that RedX has.
- There is the paid side of Social Media and there is an organic side. When you post, your followers and their followers will see you on the organic side. Where those two come together is through boosting, how does it work?
- How do you target a FSBO or Expired via the paid route?
- How does the RedX technology work?
- Jenn shares what she likes about using RedX.
- Identifying who you are targeting is essential especially in the market this year.
- The human connection cannot be replaced because it validates who you are and reminders of what you’re doing.
- Are the days of ‘smiling and dialing’ over?
- What are you doing with the other 97% of people who weren’t ready when you had them on the phone?
- How do you make a significantly different follow up?
- Marketing is Curtis’ background. He went to a digital marketing conference that shared research about buyer behavior. There is so much education in the world today that you may not know where any given person is at in their buying journey.
- Think about nurturing vs. converting especially when people are at different stages in the buying process but also be aware of people who are ready right now and move on because that may be exactly what they want.
- Don’t forget to check out RedX at https://www.theredx.com/fight-club or call 800-731-7339 and mention Real Estate Fight Club.
3 Key Points:
- Times are changing in real estate. Curtis, as the COO of RedX lead generation has a valuable behind the scenes perspective that he shares to help you understand the biggest shifts that are happening right now.
- What are the skills that have gone away over the recent years that need to be a part of your business to thrive? Curtis points them out as well as the ways you can proactively prospect through Social Media.
- Curtis lists the ways that marketing has changed and shares how you can adapt.
- Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website | Instagram
- Monica Weakley website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page | Instagram | YouTube
- RedX - https://www.theredx.com/fight-club
Thank You To Our Incredible Sponsor Partners (Get Great Discounts with these links)
Coach John Kitchens - What type of Agent are You? What is your RIGHT Career Path Take this quick quiz and find out - https://www.realestatecareeraccelerator.com/
Ghostpostr - https://www.ghostpostr.com/ (Get It For FREE!)
Cyberbacker - https://cyberbacker.com/ (Get a FREE gift by simply saying you heard it on Real Estate Fight Club)
Pipeline Pro Tools - https://pipelineprotools.com/fightclub/
RedX - https://www.theredx.com/fight-club/