On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club Podcast, Jenn and Monica will duke it out over “When should you do a final walkthrough?” and “What is your responsibility during the final walkthrough?”
- Monica says that if you ask when you should do a final walkthrough to 20 different agents, you will get 20 different answers.
- People think you should do the final walk through before the date of closing, and some believe you should be doing it on the way out, says Jenn.
- If your client asks for many things, you don’t want to wait till the last minute to find out whether the repair work is done or not, says Jenn.
- Jenn suggests you can have the inspector who will inspect specific items to make sure that they were done.
- Monica says as the real estate agent it’s not her responsibility to inspect any findings that the inspector has already identified and presented to the buyer.
- Jenn suggests, if you are about to own a house and have a concern, have an inspector come with you or a contractor and reinspect the house before the final walkthrough to make sure you get it perfect.
- Tie Breaker, Stephanie Mason, joins the conversation; She says if she has a closing scheduled in the afternoon, she will do the final walkthrough early in the morning, and if she has a closing scheduled in the morning, she will usually do it the night before.
3 Key Points:
- There has to be a beginning and end to your participation in the process. It's the inspector's job to inspect homes and items, and you should stay in your lane, says Jenn.
- Buying a house is a big responsibility, and buyers should be sure that they are comfortable and ready to take on the responsibilities; You will own it after closing and when you own it, you are responsible for the repairs.
- Stephanie answers what she does when there is a problem after the final walkthrough.
- Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website | Instagram
- Monica Weakley website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page | Instagram | YouTube
- Stephanie Mason 513-410-2023 | https://stephaniemason.kw.com/
Thank You To Our Incredible Sponsor Partners (Get Great Discounts with these links)
Vulcan 7 - https://www.vulcan7.com/jennifermurtland/
Coach John Kitchens Get Your Free Business Assessment at https://coachkitchens.com (Book A Call - Use Affiliate Code Fightclub)
Ghostpostr $50 off coupon - https://www.ghostpostr.com/ (Get your daily posts - Coupon Code Fightclub)