On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club podcast, Jenn and Monica are going to duke it out over “What makes a realtor great in the eyes of a homeowner? Do you have what it takes to make a great realtor?
- We talk a lot about what we think is a good business owner and how to conduct your business, and how to be a great agent but Monica thinks that the sellers see things very differently than we do.
- There are several things that obviously need to be in play from the eyes of the seller. The first and foremost in my mind is the knowledge that a seller expects you to know how to strategically position their house in the market, says Monica.
- Jenn suggests you can look at data, and there are ways to pull data to get the answers, and you can understand what the questions are.
- Monica says, when you are a new agent- in order to be seen from a seller standpoint, you just have to do that extra homework, and maybe that is interviewing other agents, maybe that is letting your manager or your broker help you, maybe that is doing a little extra time of that research work or whatever.
- People want to be led, and if you show up looking like you are looking for them to kind of help you decide on this and that, the plan, the price, and all of that, you have lost them.
- Part of a seller's confidence in the realtor is the ability to complete the job to reach their goals and it all makes sense.
- Jenn affirms answering questions before they are asked because you know the process and they don’t know the process, or maybe they have done the process.
- Sellers are looking for what they don’t know until it goes bad, but they are looking for and expecting a high level of communication.
- What are the key ingredients for good communication?
- The first 72 hours are critical and if you can solidify communication and confidence that they made the right choice in that first 72 hours, you could mess up in a month, and it won’t matter.
- If a client is calling you or texting you about something it is because they have had the question for days and you haven’t answered it.
- Sellers are looking to make sure that you are fighting for them.
- Sellers want to know that you are on their side, that you are not just trying to get this sale, and then we have to demonstrate that because otherwise, they don’t know what is being said behind the scenes.
- What is the expectation from the homeowner when they choose you? What you do as a process has to really hit home for them.
- The tie-breaker for this episode, Leah Joos, says the number one thing that makes you a great agent from top to bottom is your communication.
3 Key Points:
- When you are a new agent- in order to be seen from a seller standpoint, you just have to do that extra homework, and maybe that is interviewing other agents, maybe that is letting your manager or your broker help you, that is doing a little extra time for that research work, says Monica.
- Sellers and buyers have so much knowledge about the house but you give the seller confidence when you prove that you have the ability to reach their goals and for everything to make sense.
- Answering questions before they are asked is critical because you have done your job more than once, suggests Jenn.
*STOP yelling at your phone and yell at Jenn and Monica instead! Join us EVERY Thursday at 12pm EST for Real Estate Fight Club in Clubhouse. If you have an iphone but don't have an invite yet, text Jennat 513-400-1691.*
- Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website | Instagram
- Monica Weakley website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page
- Leah Joos 513-407-5901
Thank You To Our Incredible Sponsor Partners (Get Great Discounts with these links)
Vulcan 7 (2 week trial for $49) - https://www.vulcan7.com/jennifermurtland/
Coach John Kitchens Get Your Free Business Assessment at https://coachkitchens.com (Book A Call - Use Affiliate Code Fightclub)
Ghostpostr $50 off coupon - https://www.ghostpostr.com/ (Get your daily posts - Coupon Code Fightclub)
R.E.A.L. Support Solutions - www.realsupportsolutions.com (Promo Code Fightclub for $100 off your first transaction or 3 hours of training)