On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club Podcast, Jenn and Monica are going to duke it out over the best way to get clients off the fence. Whether the situation is buyers that just can't make a decision or sellers that are struggling; There may be motivation to sell, but sometimes they are not quite ready. What do you do? Tune in for all the scenarios and work-arounds.
- Jenn says to know if a seller is motivated to sell or not, it is best to probe them with relevant questions.
- Monica agrees that asking questions is very important. When the seller says we want to be on the market by the end of September…do not stop there…write down that date and ask them what is important about it specifically.
- If a seller is going to cancel the appointment because you are asking hard questions, then you are just going to spend a lot of time and money and you are never going to get anywhere.
- Monica and Jenn talk about the importance of asking buyers about their criteria. Do you fully understand their desires? Non-negotiables?
- Post discussing the buyer’s criteria, it is crucial to discuss the problem areas with the buyers.
- A lot of the agents that are in the business haven't had to do a price reduction or don’t know how to do them, says Jenn.
- As an agent you must pry, you have to dig, you have to ask them questions that make them think differently, says Monica.
- Jenn talks about scenarios when a buyer loses trust in a real-estate agent.
- If a buyer loses trust in an agent, then it is crucial to ask what changed their mind and help them, accordingly, says Monica.
- Jenn and Monica don't really have people on the fence, but that doesn't mean they don't have clients that haven't found anything yet. As an agent that is an average part of having buyers on your roster.
- If you are an agent and you want to find out how to partner with Jenn and Monica so they can help you grow your business, so you can make more money, have more time, freedom and have way more fun, give us a call or text at (513) 400-1691.
- Today’s tie breaker is Danny Burgess, a licensed realtor and team leader of two teams, Porch Light Bay Area and Porch Light Sacramento.
- Great human asks great questions at the right time, says Danny.
- Danny gives examples from personal life to stress on the importance of asking meaningful questions.
- You are going to lose a lot of money and a lot of deals before you realize how powerful and how important it is to figure out what somebody really wants and why they want it, says Danny.
- There are so many things that come to mind, when Danny looks back to his first 20-50 deals that he did incorrectly; it had cost him and his clients.
- Not getting your buyers off the fence can really cost them, says Danny.
3 Key Points:
- Jenn and Monica discuss the importance of asking relevant questions to sellers.
- Sometimes as an agent you must help people get out of their own way and sometimes, they need leadership and guidance, says Jenn.
- Danny says that there may be times when you see a client making a decision that could hurt them based on information that they just don't have or they don't know; As an agent, we have to dig deep on their pain and their pleasures to get them down the pipeline and get them to where they want to be.
- Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website | Instagram
- Monica Weakley website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page | Instagram | YouTube
Danny Burgess: https://www.instagram.com/thegivingagent/
- The little red book of sales
- A more beautiful question
Thank You To Our Incredible Sponsor Partners (Get Great Discounts with these links)
Ghostpostr - https://www.ghostpostr.com/ (Get It For FREE!)
Cyberbacker - https://cyberbacker.com/ (Get a FREE gift by simply saying you heard it on Real Estate Fight Club)
Pipeline Pro Tools - https://pipelineprotools.com/fightclub/