On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club podcast, hosts Jenn Murtland and Monica Weakley duke it out over whether or not to ride in the car with clients to showings. They have strong opinions on this one!
- Since Monica is friendly and a relationship builder, Jenn jokes and guesses that Monica would choose to drive together with a potential buyer.
- Driving separately allows for both parties to have a breather, make a phone call, have a snack, load GPS, and just take a moment to regroup.
- Most importantly, clients need space and time to discuss the details amongst themselves.
- Jenn is the agent who is terrible with directions, so she prefers to get in the car and ride with clients.
- Buyers have most often done their research, they know where the house is, a plethora of information about it, and even information about the sellers. Jenn feels like it would add no value for her to drive them.
- In today’s market, during the pandemic, do you meet them or catch a ride to the showing?
- Monica thinks that driving with clients is unprofessional, to which Jenn respectfully disagrees.
- Riding in a car together allows the clients to hash out questions they may have specifically for the realtor.
- Tiebreaker Gary Hagan, who is the owner of Hagan Real Estate at Cincinnati, weighs in with his experience and opinions.
- In the old days, Gary used to drive everybody, and showing appointments in general were more formal than today, with realtors wearing suits. He also mentions that there were no cell phones then.
- Gary discusses potential situations and whether or not to drive with clients; He thinks that in today’s market, it would be a luxury to drive people.
3 Key Points:
- Monica and Jenn share their experience and views on whether to drive with clients.
- Monica inquires, “What makes you think clients would want to get jammed in a car with the agents?”
- Tiebreaker Gary Hagan shares how the real-estate market has changed over the last 40 years.
*STOP yelling at your phone and yell at Jennand Monica instead! Join us EVERY Thursday at 12pm EST for Real Estate Fight Club in Clubhouse. If you have an iphone but don't have an invite yet, text Jenn at 513-400-1691.*