Real Estate Fight Club is a podcast for realtors, hosted by Jenn Murtland from Team Synergi Real Estate and Monica Weakley from My Coach Monica. Tune in to hear two different viewpoints about topics agents face every single day! Jenn’s direct, ‘no holds barred’ approach is in opposition to Monica’s softer, 'more relationship-based' approach, and when the two get together… it is a battle for the ages! No matter who you align with, you will walk away with solutions for today's real estate challenges from experienced real estate professionals.
Monday Mar 20, 2023
Should Buyer Agents Present Offers Directly To The Seller?- EP182
Monday Mar 20, 2023
Monday Mar 20, 2023
What if you, the buyer’s agent, had to present your client’s offer directly to the seller. On today’s episode of the Real Estate Fight Club podcast, Jenn and Rachel talk about changes that would fundamentally change the way real estate agents do business. Tune in!
Rachel has been an agent for about 18 years and has been on the Pro Standards Committee for 8 of those years, currently serving as the 3 time past chair.
Jenn describes Rachel as “passionately nerdy about all real estate rules”.
Saul Cline, is also on the show today, who has been licensed to sell real estate for over 47 years and he was an original team member of realtor.com and the creator of NAR’s technology program we know as e-pro.
Saul talks about the paradigm shift is actually a reverse paradigm shift and how things repeat themselves as he has seen in his experience in the business.
What will it take for you to get in front of a seller yourself so you can passionately make your buyer’s case to them?
Saul talks about the process of an offer.
What attitude should you have toward carrying out your duties and responsibilities as a real estate agent? It might seem like common sense but many do not operate on them appropriately.
Rachlel says, “Nothing good ever happens when you put a buyer and a seller in a room together and let them talk about it.”
Tune in to the “What Would You Do (WWYD)” Episodes of this podcasts to hear more scenarios of buyers and sellers interactions.
Jenn talks about how buyers would want the right representation if this practice comes back.
Can the same thing be done virtually that is done face to face?
Why would you hire you? Saul talks about the implications opposed to your competition and how it should be represented in your marketing.
Jenn says that the cost of being an agent has gone up in the last 30 years.
Saul says marketing is MUCH cheaper than it used to be.
- Rachel talks about trends in activities and technology that have impacted the way business works in real estate.
- Does the super agent actually perform at the interest of the seller or buyer?
- How do you differentiate yourself from the competition?
- Jenn talks about problems that buyers agents would have with speaking directly to the client.
- Rachel talks about what education the public needs.
- What about escalation clauses?
- As a real estate agent you have to understand the terms to present them in the best way on behalf of the client. Rachel says there are too many times that buyers don't get their offers accepted because their intentions were not communicated appropriately.
- What about AI?
3 Key Points:
- Saul Cline reviews the process of an offer when a buyer is ready to make one. He talks about the differences between what it used to be like and what it is like now.
- What are the pros and cons of presenting for the buyer directly to the seller?
- Saul talks about compelling argument statements to the real estate consumer and he along with Jenn and Rachel give advice for you to think about the process as a whole especially in the changing market.
- Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website | Instagram
- Monica Weakley website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page | Instagram | YouTube
Thank You To Our Incredible Sponsor Partners (Get Great Discounts with these links)
Ghostpostr - https://www.ghostpostr.com/ (Get It For FREE!)
Pipeline Pro Tools - https://pipelineprotools.com/fightclub/
RedX - https://www.theredx.com/fight-club/
Achosa - https://www.achosahw.com/ (Use the Code FightClub)