Real Estate Fight Club is a podcast for realtors, hosted by Jenn Murtland from Team Synergi Real Estate and Monica Weakley from My Coach Monica. Tune in to hear two different viewpoints about topics agents face every single day! Jenn’s direct, ‘no holds barred’ approach is in opposition to Monica’s softer, 'more relationship-based' approach, and when the two get together… it is a battle for the ages! No matter who you align with, you will walk away with solutions for today's real estate challenges from experienced real estate professionals.
Monday Jan 09, 2023
Should Buyer Agent Present Offers Directly To The Seller?- EP 172
Monday Jan 09, 2023
Monday Jan 09, 2023
On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club Podcast, Jenn and Monica duke it out over whether or not a buyer’s agent should present offers directly to the seller. Monica sees a potential disaster zone in that situation whereas Jenn has a different perspective. Tune in for all aspects around this potential scenario.
- Jenn shares about a house she just bought in the city with no HOA and her plans for it.
- Monica says that a buyer’s agent presenting directly to the seller sounds like a disaster zone…Jenn says it sounds amazing.
- Jenn says if it worked this way where buyers agents presented directly to the seller maybe she would represent more buyers, she explains why.
- Does it depend on who the listing agent is?
- How would it change how the buyer’s agents talk to their buyers?
- Monica says then are sellers required to sit through all the presentations? Jenn says they should be able to pick a top few.
- Monica tells Jenn that she thinks it is a great idea because she knows her own level of skill. What about the disadvantages if an agent wasn’t great in front of the seller?
- Monica says that the buyer’s agent should be able to convey the needs of the buyer through the contract because that is what it is there for.
- What are the real pros and cons to buyer’s agents presenting to sellers?
- Jenn believes that this scenario could raise the sales skills standards in the industry.
- What about a buyer’s agent sitting down with a seller’s agent?
- Monica mentions Ryan Bowan who creates a video to send along with his offers.
- Would you as an agent make a video to detail the bullet points ?
- How would you help the buyers seem relatable to the sellers in your offer pitch? Monica and Jenn discuss ideas.
- What is neuro linguistic programming? What are the concepts? Monica talks about it briefly.
- It matters who is on the other side of the deal. Presenting a level of professionalism could be expressed through video.
- Tiebreaker, Robin Katz, from One Sotheby’s in Miami, FL. She believes buyer’s agents should have the opportunity to present. She has personal experience with it she shares as well.
- Robin talks about how things differ from the past and how much more used to be in person and the possible advantages of meeting the sellers in person.
3 Key Points:
- If buyer’s agents could present directly to the seller it would likely change how they talk to their buyers and also improve communication and a clearer understanding of what buyers are right.
- “Monica says a buyer should not pay for the buyer’s agent's inability to have a discussion in front of the sellers. They should be able to convey the buyer’s needs through the contract, that is what it is there for”, says Monica.
- Jenn and Monica discuss the true pros and cons of a buyer’s agent presenting to sellers.
Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website | Instagram
Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page | Instagram | YouTube
Robin Katz - (305) 772-7376
Thank You To Our Incredible Sponsor Partners (Get Great Discounts with these links)
Coach John Kitchens - What type of Agent are You? What is your RIGHT Career Path Take this quick quiz and find out - https://www.realestatecareeraccelerator.com/
Ghostpostr - https://www.ghostpostr.com/ (Get It For FREE!)
Cyberbacker - https://cyberbacker.com/ (Get a FREE gift by simply saying you heard it on Real Estate Fight Club)
Pipeline Pro Tools - https://pipelineprotools.com/fightclub/