On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club podcast, hosts Jenn Murtland and Monica Weakley discuss the topic “Should realtors wear a name tag”? They both have some great points to think about such as lead generating, professionalism, and confidence.
- Monica is against wearing a name tag, and her main concern is professionalism.
- After talking with other real-estate agents and hearing them out, Jenn has concluded that it is a good idea to wear a name tag. In-fact, she is going to order one.
- Branded shirts are a great option that start conversations. Jenn and Monica agree that they will prefer to wear branded shirts rather than wear a name tag.
- As professionals, in a circle of high-level consultants, a name tag can seem out of place.
- Having a name tag may make realtors feel more comfortable talking to people they don’t know in a variety of settings.
- In a mode of lead generating, a name tag can be helpful to represent what you are doing and who you are.
- Jenn thinks agents should wear name badges when they are lead generating, that it makes them relatable with people and it gives them the confidence to connect.
- Who do we want to be as a group of realtors, and how do we want to be presented?
- Mark Schmidt, a realtor with ReMax in New Jersey, is the tiebreaker. He weighs in saying don’t be a secret agent - wear a name tag. You have to tell people that you sell real estate.
3 Key Points:
- Monica thinks wearing a tag reduces the professionalism; She looks at it as an overall group, it’s important to be presenting realtors not as one of the everyday service kind of industry and wants to be more in line with a high level of management.
- Jenn says wearing a name tag may add confidence in lead generating and opportunity to talk to prospects.
- Mark shares that everyone feels stupid wearing a name tag but if you get over it, it can open up conversations and could be very worthwhile. It may become second nature to people who talk with you.
*STOP yelling at your phone and yell at Jennand Monica instead! Join us EVERY Thursday at 12pm EST for Real Estate Fight Club in Clubhouse. If you have an iphone but don't have an invite yet, text Jennat 513-400-1691.*
- Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website | Instagram
- Monica Weakley website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page
- Mark Schmidt Facebook | 908-705-5110 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You To Our Incredible Sponsor Partners (Get Great Discounts with these links)
Vulcan 7 (2 week trial for $49) - https://www.vulcan7.com/jennifermurtland/