Real Estate Fight Club is a podcast for realtors, hosted by Jenn Murtland from Team Synergi Real Estate and Monica Weakley from My Coach Monica. Tune in to hear two different viewpoints about topics agents face every single day! Jenn’s direct, ‘no holds barred’ approach is in opposition to Monica’s softer, 'more relationship-based' approach, and when the two get together… it is a battle for the ages! No matter who you align with, you will walk away with solutions for today's real estate challenges from experienced real estate professionals.
Monday Feb 20, 2023
Is Geographical Farming Dead, With Ryan Smith?- EP 178
Monday Feb 20, 2023
Monday Feb 20, 2023
On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club Podcast, Jenn, Monica, and guest Ryan will duke it out over whether geographical farming is dead or not. If you have preconceived ideas about geographical farming, be ready to let them be challenged. Tune in now.
- What is geographical farming?
- Jenn introduces Ryan Smith, he has a program and podcast called, “Launch Your Farm”
- Most agents when they hear farming think of the traditional old school way.
- Ryan talks about the shift to community based rather than personal based.
- People do not care about the stats until they know you care about them.
- He has the formula CPR- Community, Positioning, and Relationships.
- How do you create a servicing persona?
- Jenn asks Ryan how you pick where you are going to geographically farm and a few examples.
- What does ambassador mean and what does it look like when it shows up in a postcard?
- Ryan shares how his farm did a community fundraiser event and then tied that into marketing on their postcard to share about it.
- Ryan talks about relationship building and its value in converting leads.
- Monica asks Ryan to share some simple, inexpensive ways to be known in a neighborhood.
- How should you be communicating and how often for farming?
- Start with your goals and your time, energy, and financial budget.
- Self promotion alone will not give you the success you’re looking for.
- How do you educate people along the way?
- Jenn asks if people follow his class and formula, what the results timeline is.
- Why is the neighborhood home price report so powerful?
- Ryan advises against just throwing money at sponsorships but really actually get involved where people see you and not just your brand.
- How does the farm and funnel work?
- What is direct response marketing? Ryan explains the opportunities with it.
- Ryan has a podcast called, “Launch Your Farm” and his website has the same name. He shares about his program and what it offers.
- What about buying a list for farming?
3 Key Points:
- Most agents think of farming as an old, traditional way that is now outdated or too inefficient. Ryan brings a new perspective and more factors to consider than have previously been taught.
- Postcards are not the only strategy for farming. Ryan shares how you can use them and what it looks like to make them more meaningful for connections and servicing the community.
- Two of the key factors to success in geographical farming is to get people to put their hands up rather than just sending your name out there as well as consistency in the long game.
- Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website | Instagram
- Monica Weakley website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page | Instagram | YouTube
- RedX - https://www.theredx.com/fight-club
Thank You To Our Incredible Sponsor Partners (Get Great Discounts with these links)
Coach John Kitchens - What type of Agent are You? What is your RIGHT Career Path Take this quick quiz and find out - https://www.realestatecareeraccelerator.com/
Ghostpostr - https://www.ghostpostr.com/ (Get It For FREE!)
Cyberbacker - https://cyberbacker.com/ (Get a FREE gift by simply saying you heard it on Real Estate Fight Club)
Pipeline Pro Tools - https://pipelineprotools.com/fightclub/
RedX - https://www.theredx.com/fight-club/