On this episode of the Real Estate Fight Club podcast, Jenn and Monica are going to Duke it out over this question: Is continuing education a waste of time? Jenn’s opinion is that there is no point in continuing education; On the other hand, Monica favors continuing education. Tune in to hear how this battle goes!
- Jenn believes continuing education accomplishes its goal but the way that real-estate agents go about it doesn’t work.
- Monica thinks completing continuing education and staying up to date on your industry standards and trends is really important.
- How does mandating affect the principle? Jenn thinks continuing to learn is awesome but she doesn’t think that the classes that are provided expand your mind or give you a new perspective.
- Monica thinks that the concept of continuing education is a good idea and is not a waste of time. She adds, “The courses do not engage; In order to learn, you must engage.”
- The world is technology, and you can learn a lot through it. Jenn points out that you can be interactive through technology, and that is how the world is going.
- If you were able to self-learn and choose to learn the things that are interesting to you by people that are like interesting to you, why could that not all account for C.E?, says Jenn.
- Do C.E. classes give agents something that helps them better their business?
- Most brokerages have the same old content rotating through their training room over and over, being taught by somebody that used to sell houses 20 years ago.
- Should the C.E. have to be taught by people that are currently in the industry?
- Jenn proposes the idea of different levels of licensing and requiring certain levels of production to categorize.
- Monica says she would love to have a senior real estate consultant attached to her signature because she has been selling consistently for 17 years!
- Tiebreaker, David Radney, joins the conversation to share his viewpoint on the topic. David is the head coach at P.U.S.H.
- P.U.S.H stands for Prospect Until Success Happens. It is a real estate training program that teaches agents how to use scripts, how to overcome objections, how to prepare for a listing presentation, how to pre-qualify, how to put together a pre listing packet, and then learning the listing presentation.
- David says when we get an objection, the first thing we need to do is smile so as to not have confidence lost.
- David discusses the 5 steps for overcoming objections which are valuable for real estate agents growth in doing business with good communication.
3 Key Points:
- Continuing Education as it stands today in the industry, has its limitations because you can go online and plow through it in six hours.
- Jenn thinks continuing education should be more than just ethical standards and should add more value.
- When people hear the word script, they automatically shut down because they view scripts as being so candid sounding robotic. In Real Estate, there are specific things to say to get the desired outcome.
*STOP yelling at your phone and yell at Jennand Monica instead! Join us EVERY Thursday at 12pm EST for Real Estate Fight Club in Clubhouse. If you have an iphone but don't have an invite yet, text Jennat 513-400-1691.*
- Jenn Murtland LinkedIn | Facebook | (513) 400-1691 | Website | Instagram
- Monica Weakley website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Real Estate Fight Club Podcast Facebook page
- David Radney | Website | LinkedIn
Thank You To Our Incredible Sponsor Partners (Get Great Discounts with these links)
Vulcan 7 (2 week trial for $49) - https://www.vulcan7.com/jennifermurtland/
Coach John Kitchens Get Your Free Business Assessment at https://coachkitchens.com (Book A Call - Use Affiliate Code Fightclub)
Ghostpostr $50 off coupon - https://www.ghostpostr.com/ (Get your daily posts - Coupon Code Fightclub)
R.E.A.L. Support Solutions - www.realsupportsolutions.com (Promo Code Fightclub for $100 off your first transaction or 3 hours of training)