On this episode of the Toe-2-Toe Podcast, hosts Jenn Murtland and Monica Weakley, alongside guest Rachael Real, duke it out over the best day to list a house. Hear why Jenn and Rachael prefer to list earlier in the week and why Monica thinks you should follow your client’s lead.
- What is the best day to list a house?
- Guest Rachael Real feels this depends on the kind of market you're in.
- Rachael likes Tuesdays because she wants to have a weekend.
- Buyers in her area go out of town on the weekends frequently and those buyers will miss out.
- Jenn likes Rachael's logic but she thinks the best day is Wednesday or Thursday. She thinks Tuesday is too early.
- If you list on a Wednesday or Thursday you may not get syndicated until the last minute in Rachael's market.
- Monica thinks you should list the house when it's best for your client.
- Understand the market you are in.
- Jenn argues that what's best for clients is to list when the most eyeballs will be on it.
- It's really hard to drop everything and run out when you're trying to account for your time. This is the downside to listing on a Friday or Saturday.
- Jenn does not think there's a strong case for listing it on any day.
- Rachael says you can avoid some chaos when you're strategic about when you put it on.
- Remember there is more than one way to be successful in this business.
- Sellers want a system to be led through.
- Listing property is all about confidence.
3 Key Points:
- Listing on a Tuesday or Wednesday allows the maximum number of people to see it.
- Listing on a Tuesday or Wednesday may be a better lifestyle choice for realtors.
- Ultimately listing on any day of the week may not provide a significant advantage or disadvantage.