Hosts Jenn Murtland and Monica Weakley duke it out over the questions “What should you do if someone else uses your professional photos?” and “Should you borrow someone else’s photos?”. They discuss what constitutes violation and how to manage the overall use of photos and videos.
- Jenn says that it is a violation of rules if another agent uses her professional photos.
- Jenn suggests calling an agent who has used the photos that you paid for, and addressing the situation.
- Time is Monica’s currency, so instead of chasing agents who had used her professional photos, she would prefer to drop the case.
- For Monica and Jenn, they don’t have any issue if someone is respectful and approaches them to ask if they can use their professional photos.
- Jenn inquires, “What if the seller cancels their contract with you and then they use your professional photos to go ‘for sale by owner’?”
- Monica admits to having borrowed HOA type pictures of the front or the pool, for example.
- In terms of recycling things, Monica brings up inspection reports and whether or not you should share that.
- The most important thing to remember is respecting the people who paid for the pictures and how everyone benefits from the situation.
- Jenn suggests offering to pay an agent for their photos.
- Laurie Sickles shares her viewpoints on agents using the professional photos that she had paid for.
- Laurie says she may feel inclined to report the act, but she prefers to stay calm and do nothing in order to build relations.
3 Key Points:
- Jenn and Monica share their opinion about what they would do if someone used their professional photos. Taking all of someone’s photo is a violation and there is a right way to handle the sharing of photos for a listing.
- Monica shares, “I would not call the other agent whose listing got canceled or expired before you got the new listing under an exclusive right to sell.”
- Tiebreaker Laurie Sickles, who has videography experience, is asked to share her view on “What would you do if another agent uses the professional photo that you paid for?”
*STOP yelling at your phone and yell at Jennand Monica instead! Join us EVERY Thursday at 12pm EST for Real Estate Fight Club in Clubhouse. If you have an iphone but don't have an invite yet, text Jennat 513-400-1691.*