On this episode of the Toe-2-Toe Podcast, hosts Jenn Murtland and Monica Weakley duke it out over whether or not, as an agent, you should use scripts in your business. While both Jenn and Monica believe scripts can and should be used, they differ on how to use those scripts. This one gets heated!
- There are so many types of scripts that can be used depending on what stage of the process the agent is in.
- Jenn thinks everyone already uses scripts in life anyway so agents should memorize the stuff that works.
- Using scripts can help agents avoid saying detrimental responses.
- People worry more about what they are going to say rather than paying attention to what the other person says.
- Scripts inadvertently cause agents to be much better listeners.
- Monica believes in scripts as well but thinks that the scripts should be the words of the agent.
- You can make one up and use trial-and-error with your own words, or you can take an already-effective script and make it your own.
- Scripts give agents the comfort of knowing which questions they need to ask.
- Inevitably, you are going to mess up a bunch of times, but that is the best way to learn.
- Focusing too much on the script can trip agents up because it distracts them from the actual purpose of helping the client.
- Agents don’t call for-sale-by-owners because they become attached to the outcome.
- Jenn believes scripts provide comfort while Monica believes scripts give anxiety.
- Jenn believes you can memorize the script, use it over and over, and then come back and make it your own.
- Monica believes you should focus on what your purpose is and ask great questions to see if you can help them.
- Buyers don’t know what usually comes out of their agent’s mouth, so it will all be new language to them anyway.
- Both Monica and Jenn believe you should use scripts but they differ on the details of those scripts.
- Greg McDaniel has been the co-host of the Real Estate Uncensored podcast for over 5 years and 500 episodes.
- 21 years into the real estate game, Greg uses a skeleton script which utilizes the backbone of a conversation to learn as much as possible.
- Use a script to set up the client to continue talking and give you the information that you need to accomplish your goal.
- Build a relationship on the personal questions that have nothing to do with real estate.
- Know how to bring them back from the personal stuff to the main point of the conversation.
- Everything does not have to be exact when using a script.
- Greg’s new course, Listen Sell Like Crazy, involves 10 hours of video training from a top real estate trainer.
3 Key Points:
- Everyone uses scripts throughout their lives, that being, we all say the same things to our family and friends.
- Scripts are necessary, but how you arrive at those scripts is where Jenn and Monica differ.
- Agents should use scripts as a tool to listen to what their client is saying, let them speak, and find out their motivations.
- Jenn Murtland (website, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Call Jenn at (513) 400-1691 to discuss transitioning to eXp Realty
- Monica Weakley (website, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Toe 2 Toe Podcast Facebook Page
- Greg McDaniel LinkedIn Podcast Course (Promo Code: McDaniel)